Hi! I am stoked you stopped by. I hope you take the time to not only look at my work -- but also get to know me a bit better.
I am Susanne. I am an artist based in Hamburg, Germany.
If you already looked at some of my images you might have noticed, I specialize in Landscape and Urban Photography.
Everything I know about art and photography I have learned by doing, reading books or visiting workshops. If you were looking for a classic vita or a list of my accomplishment and awards, I have to disappoint you.
But if you came to learn more about the person behind Susigrafie, I have a few tidbits for you:
- I am married to the best man, I can imagine. In addition to him, I have another best buddy: our dog 'Ben'. I just love 'em more than anything!
- I am guilty of taking too many photos of my feet, my dog and my food! Just take a look at my Instagram feed.
- When I'm old, I wanna live close to the sea.
- I love cookbooks. It's difficult for me to leave a bookstore without buying a new one.
- I enjoy hanging out with friends, sharing dinner and playing old fashioned board games.
- Chucks are awesome. It is as with cookbooks. One can't have enough of them, right?
- Friends and family know me as a genuine and down-to-earth person, who likes to laugh.
- Few things bring me greater joy than traveling. I love to explore the different corners and cultures of the world.
- I am slightly obsessed with lists! I love crossing things from them once they are done. It makes me feel productive.
- I have a diploma in Social Work with an emphasis in Psychiatry.
- My favorite book author of all times is novelist Haruki Murakami.
- I can't leave a beach without taking home a little souvenir.
- Whenever I need to get my inner balance and peace back I go hiking. Preferably in the woods or along the beach. And with my camera.
- I don't like bratwurst and beer too much, but artisan cheese and dark chocolate. Not in combination tho.
- I like rainy days. And thunderstorms. Foggy mornings are awesome too!